Followers

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sharing Hope


Today was an exciting day!  I attended a meeting of the Charlotte affiliate of Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.  Normally, the room is full of people sharing stories of loved ones lost quickly and dramatically to this terrible disease. While those stories were shared through tears today, something was different.  We had FOUR survivors present with us!!!  My aunt is usually the only survivor to attend regularly.  Today, we had three others!  It was encouraging to hear their stories and see the look of recognition and acknowledgment as each shared their story.  It was the first time for many of them that they had someone say, “I know how you feel” and really mean it.  What a lonely road we travel when we feel we are taking steps nobody else would understand.  How reassuring it is to know that we are not alone on our journeys.  The hope that reflected from survivor to survivor made today really special.   It reminded me of the hope we share with our brothers and sisters in Christ as we help each other along this path.  A hope that says, “I know how you feel and I know who can help!”