Followers

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Gonna Build a Big Fire

What a great lesson tonight from Chad Martin at Lake Norman Church of Christ!  He asked us if he were to build a big bonfire would there be anything in our homes that we really need to get rid of.  Hmmm?  Well, yeah!  I'm not really sure our video collection reflects the image we want.  No, let me rephrase that...I know our video collection does not reflect the image we want.  And I'm sure there's some music somewhere in the CD collection and maybe a few books...the list goes on.  Most of what comes through the television should be thrown in the fire.  Why is it that we will sit and listen to/tune out language coming from the television speaker that we would never allow a "real" person to sit on our couch and use.  We would ask them to watch their language in front of our children.  It's time to get real about the junk we watch and listen to and pass off as no big deal.  Proverbs 23:7 says, "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he."  So, the next time I'm watching something on television or thinking about seeing a movie, I hope I will ask myself, "Would you watch this if Jesus were here?  Well, isn't He here?"

Gonna build a big fire
To toss my trash in
Gonna rid this house of the world
And fill it up with Him!

Call me a radical
Call me what you will
But it was pretty radical
What happened on Calvary’s hill!

I wanna grab those movies,
Books, and CDs
Throw ‘em in the fire
And set my heart free!

I wanna get my house ready
For God to move right in
Send the devil packing
With his evil and his sin.

Lock him out
And bolt the door
Tell him he just ain’t welcome
Here no more!


Melissa B. King   1/26/14