Followers

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Happy Poetry Month!!!


Yes, that's right!  April is National Poetry Month!  So, I thought I would share some of my poetry.  In celebration of the month, why not pick up your pen and give it a try yourself?  No, it does not have to rhyme.  Just put some thoughts on paper.  Enjoy...  

The BIG Boss
Monday through Friday, August through June,
I am working hard to improve and fine-tune.

My boss knows she can count on me.
My students know what I expect to see.

When evaluation time rolls around
I don’t worry about what was found.

What would it be like to sit face to face
And be accountable to the Giver of Grace?

If twice each year I had to go before
God’s evaluation, would I do more?

Would I get up earlier for Him each day?
Would I live every minute in a different way?

What if God said, “I am firing you!
You are not doing all you can do?”

When I slack off, Lord, please forgive.
My daily job should not be why I live.

My job should allow me to earn a living.
But, real-life should be found in the service I am giving!

Melissa B. King
January 27, 2008