Followers

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Silence of the Lambs

Yet another kitchen disaster!!!  I'm going to try to post some photos with this blog.  We'll see how that goes.  The story starts with me finding the cutest picture in a magazine while standing in the grocery line.  (Next time I'll just buy some chocolate and eat it while I wait!)  I looked at the picture and thought, "I can do that with the girls."  The picture above is from the magazine.  The first part was easy.  I sliced store-bought pound cake and cut a chunk out of the bottom of each slice so "legs" were formed on each end.  Then I dipped the legs into warmed chocolate icing.  The directions said to put them on wax paper-lined cookie sheets and chill them in the fridge for 30 minutes.  So, I did.  While they were chilling, Cassie and I put their little faces together with icing, chocolate chips, jelly beans (for the ears), and little pieces of fruit roll pieces that I hand cut into the shape of tongues and hair bows.  Next, we were to spread white icing all over the chilled "bodies" and stick mini marshmallows on that.  The cookie face was also supposed to be "stuck" to the body with icing.  Here's where the slaughtering started!  When I tried to lift the bodies from the wax paper, they stuck.  So, if the picture posting works, you will see a tray of "leg of lamb" stumps.  I actually managed to complete one lamb according to the directions, although it does not really look like the magazine picture.  For the second one with legs intact, I decided it would be easier to lay it down flat and place the face cookie on in a way to make it look like the lamb is looking back at us.  The other picture is of the lamb parts all piled in the container to take to share tomorrow with family.  Yes!  I am taking them.  Do you know how much I spent on all of those lamb parts???!!  Anyway, some might call it a failure.  I, taking after my daddy, call it modifying.