Followers

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I Worry That I Worry Too Much

At our mid-week Bible study tonight, "Preacherman" gave us all a wonderful (and much needed) reminder that worry is not good for us.  In fact, he said it kills and deforms!  Some days I'm good at remembering this.  I roll with the punches, go with the flow, do my best, let go and let God...you know all the cliches.  However, there are those days when worry sneaks in and begins to eat at me.  It starts by taking little bitty nibbles around the edges of my mind.  Before I know it, I'm being eaten alive in big gulps!  When that nasty little guy called Worry creeps in, I need to pray and watch for God's lead.  He takes care of the flowers and birds and says I am so much more than those!!!  I know He will take care of me.  I just need to get out of the way and let Him!

In honor of Poetry Month, here's a little something I hope you will like...

Your Ways...Not Mine

Let me not care what I have or will gain.
On the throne of my heart, I allow only You to reign.

I boast only in You, my greatest treasure.
I will put You first in my life forever!

When I'm in a hurry, Lord, slow my pace.
When I'm running ragged, gently put me back in place.

Remind me, oh, Lord, when my plans fall apart
Your ways are not mine...control the desires of my heart.

I will only be satisfied in the very end
If I can look back and say, You, God, are my friend!

Melissa B. King
January 2000